Location: Barcelona University (UB), Barcelona, Spain
Salary: Marie Curie for ER<10
The selected Marie Curie Experienced Researcher (ER<10) will work within the MC-IAPP-KINOPTIM project. KINOPTIM is a EU funded project that brings together six partners: three universities, and three companies. More info regarding the KINOPTIM project can be found in www.kinoptim.eu.
Description of position
The Experienced Researcher recruited by UB will conduct research and will assist in the development of the KINOPTIM platform. More specifically, the researcher will work on some of the following items:
– Wireless protocols for IoT, 5G, Smart Cities and/or mHealth.
– Connectivity, stochastic processes, point processes, stochastic geometry.
– Distributed/centralized/ mechanisms and assessment of their scalability and energy efficiency.
– Radio Resource Management.
– Interference Management.
– Information theory and performance limits of wireless networks.
– Communication theory and system-level performance evaluation and optimization.
Applicants should comply with the requirements of MC-IAPP for experienced researcher with less than 10 years of experience (ER<10). At the time of recruitment by UB the researcher has to be in possession of a doctoral degree or have at least 4 years of full-time equivalent research experience. Furthermore, the researcher has to have less than 10 years of full-time equivalent research experience.
The newly recruited researcher may be of any nationality.
At the time of recruitment the newly recruited researcher shall not have resided or carried out his/her main activity in Spain for more than 12 months in the 3 years immediately prior to his/her recruitment under the project. Compulsory national service and/or short stays such as holidays are not taken into account.
It is a full time position. The researcher will be recruited for a period of 15 months. The salary and mobility allowance are governed by the rules of MC-IAPP for ER<10. For more details please see the Guide for Applicants
– Competitive salary (MC flat rate for ER<10) to cover living and mobility costs.
– Opportunities for international collaboration and travel to world-class academic and industrial partners.
– Training in a range of state-of-the-art scientific skills, intellectual property and project management skills.
– Opportunity to work within an excellent environment at a department fully-equipped with state of the art telecommunication equipment.
– PhD in Computer Science, Electrical and Computer Engineering (or similar) or MSc with at least 4 years” experience in research (full-time equivalent) AND less than 10 years” experience in research (full-time equivalent),
– Strong experience in the areas of Wireless Networks, Communications Systems, Mathematical Modeling
– Experience in programming in Matlab and/or C/C++.
– Experience in sensor devices, smart applications is welcome.
– Excellent knowledge of the English language (spoken and written).
For further information and for job application please contact: Dr. Christos Verikoukis (email@example.com)
Job applications should be sent via email to Ms Melani Gurdiel firstname.lastname@example.org and have to include in the subject the phrase “KINOPTIM application”.
Deadline: 20 February 2015
Application must include the following:
- Detailed CV
- Copies of PhD and/or Master and/or Engineering degree.
- Copies of PhD and/or Master and/or Engineering thesis.
- Copies of the two most important papers.
- A motivation letter in-line with the job description (max two pages).
- Names and contact data of 2 references.