The organization in Greece seeks for:
Child Protection Officer (Lesvos & Idomeni)
– University degree in social work, social sciences, law or other relevant field.
– Knowledge and understanding of migration and asylum legislation, policies and practices in Greece and the European Union, with emphasis on procedures for unaccompanied and separated children.
– Minimum of 2 years relevant work experience in child protection, psychosocial support and youth programmes or related field. Experience in working with unaccompanied and separated children is an asset.
– Experience in developing and/or delivering child protection training
– Good technical understanding of child protection, child participation and community based approaches.
Strong self-starter, able to take initiative and adapt to changing circumstances and priorities.
– Able to work to tight deadlines under pressure.
– Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
– Knowledge and understanding of inter-agency standards and guidelines in child protection, including the Minimum Standards for Child Protection in Humanitarian Action.
– Fluent written and spoken English. Knowledge of Greek, Arabic and Farsi a strong asset
– Strong computer skills, including the use of Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.