The organization in Greece seeks for:
– Prior experience in logistics management in the NGO sector, in emergency response/humanitarian environments
– Proven experience in all technical areas of logistics operations including procurement, transport/distribution, warehousing and stock management, fleet management, asset management, communications, and security
– Experience of working in remote field bases with limited infrastructure
– Experiencing in managing and supervising others in logistics
– Ability to synthesise and analyse information, and make clear, informed decisions
– Ability to build relationships quickly with a wide range of people, both internally and externally
– Strong planning, management and coordination skills, with the ability to organise a substantial workload comprised of complex, diverse tasks and responsibilities
– Cultural awareness, with strong written and spoken communication and interpersonal skills in English
– For non EU candidates a valid European Union or Greek work permit is mandatory due to statutory Greek regulations.
– Technical experience/training in specific areas of logistics eg fleet mechanics, IT/communications networks
– Technical experience/knowledge in specific types of humanitarian intervention eg Health, WASH, Food Security
– Fluent in Greek, Farsi, or Arabic.
Closing date: 13 Jan 2016